Tips to Save Money For A Funeral Cost
It is difficult to endure the funeral of a loved one, it is equally important to understand the unpleasantness to foot the bill for the funeral. Average costs of a funeral are substantially high and one needs to make a plan ahead to reduce this cost.
Before we discuss how to save on funeral costs, you need to understand the components of funeral costs and identify the key costs. A few such key costs are:
- Transfer fee: This is related to the transportation charges of the deceased to the place of the funeral.
- Funeral Directors Professional Fees: This is the fees for handling, preparation and the storage of the body
- Newspaper notices, death certificate
- Other Third-Party Fees: Fees charged by musicians, or celebrant, or catering service, etc.
- Coffin or casket fees
Now, you need to look for the ways for reducing the cost of the funeral for which the following tips might be useful:
1. Research to Find the Best Price:
Funeral cost remains a very expensive affair and for getting the best purchasing decision, you need to shop around to locate the best price. You can find a lot of useful websites which may help you to conduct a good research.
2. A Cremation may be a Better Choice Than a Burial:
To inter the remains in a cemetery is always more expensive than choosing a burial. The main reason for this is the limited space available for cemeteries due to the increase in population.
Also, if you opt for a cremation, you will not have to pay for opening or the closing fees, or a headstone or grave liner. Thus when you look for Ways to Reduce Funeral Costs you need to consider this option seriously.
3. A Memorial Service may be an Excellent Option:
A memorial service takes place after cremation or burial is over and can be held in a park or beach or a family home. Choice of memorial service is cheaper than other traditional options as no staff or equipment is required here.
4. Don’t Hesitate to Ask the Price:
You should always look for the cheapest option for conducting the farewell services and look for the best option which suits your budget. Look for all the ways of How to cut costs on dying and take appropriate action without any hesitation.
5. Check the Price of the Coffin:
If you are going to choose a coffin, look for the price list and also the several options available. Check the cheapest options that are available and find which option best suits your budget. This can be an excellent solution and can help you to find the answer to How to Save Money Arranging a Funeral.
6. Cut the Extras:
Cut all the extra costs like the optimum choice of flowers, skipping sealed coffin, skipping embalming, skipping costly cars, etc.
7. You may Consider a Funeral at Home:
If you can complete all other formalities related to a funeral, you may save a lot of money by conducting a funeral at home.